Sunday, November 25, 2007

Playing the Race Card


Representative Danny Davis (D-IL)is a backbencher best known for presenting a crown in 2004 to the Rev. Sun Myung Moon during the notorious coronation in the Dirksen Senate Office Building. Recently Davis charged that he was the victim of racial profiling when he was stopped for allegedly being left of center by Chicago police.

Is Davis taking a cue from his emperor? When Moon was convicted of tax evasion and other charges, he and his underlings were swift to denounce it as the result of racism. The Messiah's own words: "I would not be standing here today if my skin were white or my religion were Presbyterian. I am here today only because my skin is yellow and my religion is Unification Church. The ugliest things in this beautiful country of America are religious bigotry and racism." A large part of then-Unification Chruch President Mose Durst's godawful book To Bigotry, No Sanction, Reverend Sun Myung Moon and the Unification Church was devoted to this weak premise.

No comments: